DHIS 2.21 Upgrade
- If you have SQL views associated with the "dataelement" and "trackedentityattribute" tables, it is recommended to remove those views before starting 2.21 for the first time. This to allow the upgrade routines to change column types. You can drop all SQL views from data administration > maintenance > Drop SQL views. You can later recreate with Create SQL views.
- "Option set" is no longer a valid value type for tracked entity attributes. Instead, when an option set is selected, the value type is derived from the option set. The same applies for data elements. Option sets are automatically set to "text" value type. You might want to adjust this to reflect a more appropriate value type for your option sets. Also be aware that when you edit existing data elements with option sets, the value type will be set based on the option set.
- The assignment of programs to user roles is moved from the program management section to the user role section.
- Last n relative periods in analytics no longer contains "this" period, e.g. "Last 12 months" no longer contains "this month", allowing for more flexibility.
- Removed support for legacy MD5 hashed passwords. Any user which has not yet migrated to bCrypt will be denied access and the password must be reset.
- Tracked entity attribute has aggregation type.
- Option set has value type.
Web API / data model changes
- DataElement > valueType: Enum with values TEXT, LONG_TEXT, LETTER, PHONE_NUMBER, EMAIL, BOOLEAN, TRUE_ONLY, DATE, DATETIME, NUMBER, UNIT_INTERVAL, PERCENTAGE, INTEGER, INTEGER_POSITIVE, INTEGER_NEGATIVE, INTEGER_ZERO_OR_POSITIVE, TRACKER_ASSOCIATE, OPTION_SET, USERNAME.
- DataElement > numberType and textType are replaced by the "valueType" enum.
- DataElement > aggregationType: Enum with values SUM, AVERAGE, AVERAGE_SUM_ORG_UNIT, COUNT, STDDEV, VARIANCE, MIN, MAX, NONE, DEFAULT, CUSTOM.
- ValidationRule > importance: Enum with values HIGH, MEDIUM, LOW.
- ValidationRule > ruleType: Enum with values VALIDATION, SURVEILLANCE.
- OrganisationUnit > featureType: Enum with values NONE, MULTI_POLYGON, POLYGON, POINT, SYMBOL.
- DataEntryForm > style: Enum with values COMFORTABLE, NORMAL, COMPACT, NONE.
- Chart > type: Enum with values COLUMN, STACKED_COLUMN, BAR, STACKED_BAR, LINE, AREA, PIE, RADAR, GAUGE.
- EventReport > dataType: Enum with values AGGREGATED_VALUES, EVENTS.
- ReportTable > displayDensity: Enum with values COMFORTABLE, NORMAL, COMPACT, NONE.
- ReportTable > fontSize: Enum with values LARGE, NORMAL, SMALL.
- DashboardItem > shape: Enum with values NORMAL, DOUBLE_WIDTH, FULL_WIDTH.
- DashboardItem > type: Enum with values CHART, EVENT_CHART, MAP, REPORT_TABLE, EVENT_REPORT, USERS, REPORTS, RESOURCES, MESSAGES.
- Report > type: Enum with values JASPER_REPORT_TABLE, JASPER_JDBC, HTML.
- Program > dateOfEnrollmentDescription renamed to "enrollmentDateLabel".
- Program > dateOfIncidentDescription renamed to "incidentDateLabel".
- ProgramInstance > dateOfIncident renamed to "incidentDate".
- ProgramStage > reportDateDescription renamed to "excecutionDateLabel".
- The categoryoptioncombo table has a column "name" which can be used in queries/SQL views.
- Column "name" has been added to the "categoryoptioncombo" table.
- Column "valuetype" has been added to the "optionset" table.
- Column "aggregationtype" has been added to the "trackedentityattribute" table.
Hosting requirements changes
- Java 8 is required as runtime.
- Tomcat version 7 or later (or any Java servlet specification 3.0 compatible container) is required to deploy the system.
- Internet Explorer 9 is no longer supported.
- The "Individual records" web module has been removed.
- The "Data mart" functionality has been removed.
- The "Program validation criteria" functionality has been removed and replaced by program rules.
- The "Organisation unit merge" function under data administration has been removed.
- The "Duplicate data elimination" function under data administration has been removed.