DHIS2 version 2.34 is out with many new features, apps, improvements and bug fixes. See below for more detail, including links to technical documentation, screenshots, and Jira tickets.
This version of the DHIS2 is compatible with the DHIS2 Android Capture App version 2.1.
Watch our New Feature Spotlight videos for DHIS version 2.33 here, or on our YouTube channel.
Log in with admin/district on the demo system.
The Data visualizer app now supports pivot tables, meaning the functionality of the pivot table app is merged into the data visualizer app. A pivot table is now just another visualization type within the data visualizer app. This provides users with a more intuitive experience for building pivot tables, and it more seamlessly allows moving between pivot tables and other chart types. The performance of pivot tables is also dramatically improved, allowing for very large pivot tables with at least three times more data than the classic pivot table app.
- Performance: We are now capable of showing thousands of features on a map simultaneously, and the maps are much more responsive.
- Map rotation and tilting: You can now rotate and tilt the map to enhance the view of your data.
- Continuous zoom: The zoom is now continuous, allowing you to fit the map perfectly to your content. We have added a fullscreen button, especially useful for maps on the Dashboard where space is limited.
- Full-screen view Maps can now be viewed in full-screen mode. This is especially useful for dashboard maps where space is limited. You can click the full-screen button on the right side of the map to enable it.
- Bing Maps: Google Maps is no longer supported due to technical and legal issues, but we have included four new base maps from Bing, which should be a good replacement.
- Donut clusters: We have added support for “donut clusters” which will show you the event cluster distribution if you style by a data element.
Performance and stability improvements
The data approval functionality is re-introduced as a separate app called Data approval. It offers the same functionality which was previously accessible through the Reports app. It allows for approving data by data set and time period. We are working on a new approval app using our new technology stack which will support the data approval workflow model.
|To find more details about...||Follow this link|
|Download release and sample database||Downloads|
|Documentation and Javadocs||Documentation|
|Upgrade notes||Upgrade notes for 2.34 on GitHub|
|Details about each feature on JIRA (requires login)||Details on JIRA|
|Overview of issues on JIRA (requires login)||Overview on JIRA|
|Source code on Github||DHIS2 source code|
|DHIS2 community||DHIS2 Community of Practice|