Online Academy on DHIS 2 Fundamentals
Duration: Self-paced course
Prerequisite: A basic computer literacy is required and statistics and public health knowledge is recommended to take full advantage of the course.
Date of launch: March 2017
Cost: Free of charge
This online course will be an introduction to DHIS 2 providing a high level overview of the key features. It will be structured around four elements:
- A conceptual model called the information cycle;
- DHIS 2 configuration to monitor health related indicators and progress towards targets such as international development goals;
- One mother and child health example program – the 1000 most vulnerable days;
- A DHIS 2 sandbox training environment called Trainingland;
- One essential managerial tool – the DHIS 2 Dashboard.
- Introduction to DHIS 2 core concepts;
- DHIS 2 key features supporting data collection, validation, visualization, presentation and information use;
- Database design and data collection;
- Data analysis and data visualization;
- Data elements, data sets and indicators;
- Dashboards, Sharing and Messaging: More on interpretation in info. Use;
- DHIS 2 Design Principles;
- DHIS 2 Organisation Units;
- Tracker background and introduction;
- Report application
- Introduction to Anonymous Events;
- Introduction to Patient Tracking;
- Event and Tracker Data Analysis;
- Implementation Strategies;
- Use cases.
For any questions regarding the DHIS 2 Online Academy, please contact us at email@example.com.