DHIS2 Android Capture App version 2.2 is out with many new features, apps, improvements and bug fixes. The primary new features in this release are the support of validation rules for data sets, new filters and sorting for events and TEI lists, many new visualizations in maps, and the possibility to encrypt the database of the device, together with many small interface changes that result in a better user experience. For important information on upgrading to this app version, please read the Release Notes.
This version of the App is compatible with DHIS2 version 2.34, as well as versions 2.33-2.30.
Log in with android / Android123 on the demo system.
The App supports Validations Rules. The validation step has been integrated in the save and complete flow and the app supports both when the validation rules are configured as mandatory and when they are optional. The app will display a new card with the errors helping the user identify which values are incorrect.
The app now supports sorting of lists of Events and TEIs. Sorting is integrated with the filters menu and users will be allowed to sort the list by one chosen parameter either in ascending or descending order. Sorting is applicable by date and organization unit, and by enrollment date and status when applicable. The screens that allow sorting are:
- Single event listing
- TEI Search screen list (When a TEI has multiple events, the app will order based on the most recent event)
- TEI Dashboard event list
The previous “Period” filter has been renamed as follows:
- Date in Home Screen and Event program screen.
- Event Date in Tracker program screen.
- Remains as Period for Datasets.
A carousel with TEIs, Events or Relationships cards has been added to the map view. The carousel and the map will respond to the user selection in both directions. If the user selects an object on the map, the carousel will position the corresponding card on the screen. If the user selects a card on the carousel, the map will be centered to the corresponding object in the map and the icon for any selected object in the map will be remarked with a slightly bigger size.
When creating events in programs or compelting Data Sets with category, having to scroll through long lists without the option to search made data entry slower. The app now will have a search box when there are more than 15 options in the category. This is implemented in the following screens:
- Event listing category option combo filter
- Event initial category option selectors
- Data set listing category option combo filter
- Data set initial category option selectors
- TEI dashboard for autogenerated events
The event and TEI cards have been improved and made more intuitive and informative. The cards display now the name of the attribute or data element next to the value for the first three marked to be displayed. It is also possible to expand the card to display the rest of the attributes or data elements, which are shown following the same format. The new cards are available in Tracker programs for the TEI list, the events of the TEI Dashboard and the cards in the maps carousel.
The database in the android devices can now be encrtypted to increase the protection of your sensitive information. This is an action that will affect the local database of all android devices synchronizing with your server (it will not encrypt the DHIS2 server database).
By default the android app database is not encrypted, but an admin can check the Encrypt device database in the new Android Settings DHIS2 Webapp to encrypt the data and metadata stored in every device. Encrypting the database will have an impact on the database volume and performance of the android app. Selecting or unselecting this option causes no data loss (even if it hasn’t been previously synchronized with the server).
- [Maps] Unify map data manager [ Jira ]
- [Maps] Unify Geometry Utils [ Jira ]
- [Maps] Library and map view initialization (I) - Library init and structure [ Jira ]
- [Maps] Library and map view initialization (II) - Map view initialization [ Jira ]
- [Bitrise][CI] Create a PR reminder that is launch twice a day [ Jira ]
- [Functional Test][Sync] Datasets [ Jira ]
- [Functional Test][Sync] Event [ Jira ]
- [Functional Test][Tei Dashboard] Enrollment [ Jira ]
- [Functional Test][Sync] Tei [ Jira ]
- [Performance] Improve home performance [ Jira ]
|To find more details about...||Follow this link|
|Download app from Google Play or Github||Downloads|
|Documentation and Javadocs||Documentation|
|Details about each feature on JIRA (requires login)||Details on JIRA|
|Overview of bugs fixed on JIRA (requires login)||Overview on JIRA|
|Source code on Github||DHIS2 source code|
|Demo instance (user / password)||Demos (android / Android123)|
|DHIS2 community||DHIS2 Community of Practice|
|SDK Source Code on Github||Android SDK source code|