What can the DHIS2 Android Capture App do?
- Real-time data entry by any DHIS2 system user, from frontline workers to system managers
- Full offline funcitonality with intelligent sync
- Native integration with DHIS2 aggregate, Tracker, and Events programs.
- Full Tracker Capture support, including search function for existing records
- Support for the DHIS2 program rules engine, which supports guided data entry and dynamic form updates for complex workflows
- User-friendly navigation, including options for icon-based data entry
- Automatic visual alignment with web-based DHIS2 programs and forms, plus options for custom configuration
- Secure and simple login, QR scan for easy server URL configuration
- Map view and easy GPS location capture for data entry
- Create and scan barcodes and QR codes for easy mobile data entry and record management
Read more about these features--including updates in the latest software release--on the DHIS2 Android Capture App page.
Where is the DHIS2 Android App used?
Is your country's DHIS2 Android implementation missing from our map? Share the details with us through our online form.
Example Use Cases: Improving Service Delivery and Innovating New Disease Surveillance Tools
Rwanda used years of experience with DHIS2 to quickly and effectively implement the DHIS2 Android Capture App to make their process for COVID-19 sample collection, lab testing, and sharing of results entirely paperless from start to finish, and to launch mobile drive-through testing sites with data capture on tablets.
DHIS2 was implemented by PSI in Nigeria to improve data collection, quality and use and support delivery for reproductive health services, including deployment of the DHIS2 Android Capture App at more than 200 health facilities.
DHIS2 Tracker has been deployed at 60 Ports of Entry in Uganda to aid in screening and tracking of truck drivers bringing imports into the country during the COVID-19 pandemic, including using the DHIS2 Android Capture App to prepare QR-code-enabled traveler passes for tracking and follow-up.