DHIS 2 is a web-based and open source data platform built to help governments and NGOs improve the health and well-being of underprivileged people living in developing countries. More than 50 countries and 60 NGOs use the software to better plan interventions, allocate resources more efficiently and provide better health care. DHIS 2 is used to collect, validate, visualize and analyze data using the Web including mobile-enabled devices.
The DHIS 2 project aims to improve access and use of information within health, education, sanitation, nutrition, disaster relief and other areas. The system is used by numerous governments, NGOs and international agencies such as Doctors without borders, WHO, UNICEF and USAID.
We are looking for part-time or full-time test engineers to join the core DHIS2 team. You will be responsible for manual testing of the DHIS 2 software as part of our software release process.
- This position is remote only, meaning you will be working from a remote location.
- We accept both part-time (minimum 50%) and full-time applications.
- This is a junior to mid-level position.
This job offers career opportunities as there is a possibility for becoming a DHIS 2 expert implementer through excellent performance.
- Perform manual testing of the DHIS 2 software platform.
- Ensure appropriate testing is performed for DHIS 2 software releases.
- Triage issues reported through our issue management system.
- Manage communication and feedback from DHIS 2 users.
- Write detailed descriptions of software issues.
- Strong knowledge about the DHIS 2 software platform.
- Some knowledge about software testing is a plus.
- Knowledge of Jira or similar issue management systems.
- Ability for breaking software and finding bugs by identifying weak spots and corner cases.
- Written and verbal fluency in English.
How to apply
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include:
- The position and your name in the email subject
- Your motivation for working for us
- Contact information
- LinkedIn profile (if you have one)