About this role
As a user experience designer at DHIS2, you will work across projects that support the whole DHIS2 ecosystem. This includes the application platform, over 30 core applications, design systems, documentation portals and more. Your work will contribute directly to the positive impact of DHIS2 as a Global Public Good. Working with our Design lead, you will be part of a design team ensuring a high-quality user-experience for our users in over 73 countries.
We are a well-funded project tasked with building the DHIS 2 platform, the leading health information system within international development. The project is based at the University of Oslo where we operate as an independent software development organisation.
With us you get a chance to work on stuff which really matters: Improving the health and well-being of people in developing countries through access and use of information. Our platform is used in more than 90 countries worldwide and has the scale and adoption which will allow you to make an impact globally.
We give you a lot of flexibility and freedom and there is no micro-management or strict hierarchies. At DHIS 2 we believe you will do your best work if you fully understand the context which the system operates in. As a result you are encouraged to engage directly with our projects, take part in the design process and get feedback from users in the field. If you like travelling there will be opportunities to go to other continents and be part of requirement meetings and workshops.
What you'll do:
- Design user-flows, prototypes and high-fidelity designs.
- Create solutions with consideration for the real-world requirements of a global platform.
- Contribute to and help to evolve the DHIS2 Design System.
- Take ownership of your design process, following features and improvements from idea to implementation.
- Collaborate with engineering and implementation teams to understand the full scope of problems and their solutions.
- Use a varied toolbox to solve interaction design problems: sketches, prototypes, visuals, diagrams, written documents.
- Communicate and document your solutions clearly and effectively.
- Become a valuable part of the Design Team contributing to the design direction of DHIS2.
We are looking for someone with:
- Several years professional experience designing real-world digital applications.
- Knowledge of design systems, how they are built, maintained and used.
- Passion for building functional software that improves lives around the world.
- Strong skills in modern design tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A sense of curiosity to question, learn and share knowledge.
- Self-drive to produce work you are proud of.
- Bonus: experience working with development workflows and technical tools (JIRA, Github).
Location and Employment details
This is a 60-100% position on a 1-year renewable remote contract.
Send your resume and cover letter, in English, to: firstname.lastname@example.org