DHIS 2 Information Use Academy
Duration: 5-6 days
Prerequisite: A completion certificate awarded during a previous DHIS 2 Academy or having completed the Online Course on DHIS2 Fundamentals.
Data has to tell a story, and the visualization techniques employed will dictate the quality of the narrative. In information management systems, data is consumed for decision making through clear and concise dashboards (collections of different data visualizations, charts, maps, and pivot tables). Choosing the most appropriate visualization technique or dashboard to convey a certain message or target a specific audience is key for program success.
This training in Health Management and DHIS 2 Analytics is an exciting combination of principles learning, key concepts of Information Use, Monitoring and Evaluation in the context of public health and the tools in DHIS 2 to support these.
Through lectures, hands-on exercises and discussion with peers, participants will be well equipped to enhance the use of DHIS 2 in their daily work.
The purpose of this Academy is to:
- Promote the use of information systems as a tool for decentralized program management (Using 1000 MVD as a core theme);
- Provide participants with a thorough understanding of data use (mining and visualization) mechanisms in DHIS 2;
- Impart data-use best practices and to provide you with real experiences using data to make decisions;
- Provide participants with a thorough understanding of data quality monitoring tools and mechanisms;
- Define core system structures that need to be in place for any information system.
Through presentations, examples, and exercises with real data, you will be equipped with an understanding of the various data visualization techniques, analysis concepts, data quality measures, and dashboard creation in DHIS 2.
- Origins, principles and application of DHIS 2;
- Understanding the Health System;
- Information cycle;
- Measuring Interventions: the 1000 most vulnerable days concept and program content;
- Program Scenarios and District Action Plan;
- Data collection, data analysis and data quality;
- Data Visualizer in DHIS 2, Data Auditing Trail.
- Pivot table in DHIS 2;
- Charts, Graphics, Maps and Dashboards in DHIS 2;
*These Learning Objectives might be subject to change.
Attendance to this training is mandatory for further specialization in information use, such as M&E and Program Management, Level 2.