DHIS2 is the world largest health management information system (HMIS), currently deployed in over 70 countries. DHIS2 is an application based, FOSS platform with core development done by the University of Oslo (UiO).
Over the past few years, countries and multilateral partners have been requesting more support and functionality within the DHIS2 platform for supply chain support. To meet this growing demand, the DHIS2 core team appreciates the need for a more specialized team of technical experts to coordinate Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) implementation and continued development of DHIS2 functionality for supply chain. The LMIS Technical Lead will be responsible for coordinating the UiO LMIS portfolio of projects and partners as well as managing a small software development team tasked with developing new supporting functionality in DHIS2 core for the LMIS use-case.
- Maintain close collaboration with LMIS resource partners including NOVARTIS, University of Basel, The Global Fund, WHO, HISP Groups, and UNICEF.
- Coordinate with resource partners to develop a long-term strategy and roadmap for LMIS development within the DHIS2 platform ecosystem that aligns to the DHIS2 principals and strategy.
- Coordinate the development of generic, global guidance on DHIS2 use for LMIS
- Support country LMIS implementation and projects.
- Work closely with a software technical manager to define key priorities and activities for a team of dedicated developers working on a regular release schedule
- Align platform priorities and roadmap with evidence and best practice, creating collaboration opportunities with research and academic groups that can contribute to DHIS2 as a global good
- Seven years+ experience in digital logistics management information systems.
- Experience with international donor community, including bilateral and multilateral donor agencies and private foundations will be an advantage
- Demonstrated experience leading software development projects
- Demonstrated experience leading digital health implementations in low- and middle-income countries
- Experience managing digital health teams
- Demonstrated success in developing partnerships and funding opportunities
- A Master's degree in a related field (MPH, MSc, etc.), or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills and fluent command of English, both oral and written. Other languages a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally (15%-30%).
- Experience in research and evidence-generation for digital health will be a plus.
Remote or in Oslo, Norway
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com